Kanjivaram Slik Traditional Lehenga » Weftkart
- Catalog: PVR-TISSUE BY FASHID
- Size: Unstitched
- Weight: 1.5 Kg
- Dupatta Fabric: Georgette (2.2 Mtr.)
- Blouse Fabric: Fancy (1.0 Mtr.)
- Lehenga Fabric: Kanjivaram Silk (3.0 Mtr.)
Georgette is a type of crêpe fabric that is typically made from pure silk but can also be made from synthetic fibers like rayon, viscose, and polyester. French dressmaker Georgette de la Plante introduced the eponymous silk fabric in the early twentieth century.
- The silk fabric is sheer and lightweight and has a dull, matte finish.
- Crêpe Georgette is woven using tightly twisted yarns, which create a slight crinkle effect on the surface.
- Silk Georgette is very similar to silk chiffon, which is also a type of crêpe fabric, but Georgette is not as sheer as chiffon because of the tighter weave.
- Georgette fabrics are sometimes sold in solid colors but georgette can be printed and often boasts colorful floral prints.